We hope you are well during these challenging times. As you all know, we are strongly encouraged by both the governor and our bishop to distance ourselves physically from people to slow the rate of infection of the Coronavirus. Thus, face-to-face worship and fellowship at Glenelg United Methodist Church are postponed until further notice. We all have our own unique personal concerns during this time so if you have any challenges you would like to bring to Pastor Alice, please contact her. We understand that some may be impacted financially by this pandemic, and our thoughts and prayers go out to you. The church is willing to support you in any way it can. Giving from the heart of our treasures is one of the key elements of Christian discipleship, so if you are able to continue your tithes and offerings, you are encouraged to give in one of the following ways:
To give electronically:
- Click here -OR- go to glenelgumc.org, click and click on Online Giving
- That takes you to VANCO’s secure website. (VANCO is recommended by the General Conference of the United Methodist Church)
- Enter your contribution amount in General Operating, fill out Donation Frequency (One Time, Weekly, Monthly), and Fill Out Donation Start Date. You do not have to create a profile unless you want to. Hit the Continue button.
- Follow the prompts to enter credit card information (or bank account) and authorize.
- You can set up recurring weekly or monthly giving (which simplifies giving) and can be stopped at any time.
- This charges your credit card (or bank account), initiates a deposit directly into the church bank account, and updates your giving record.
To give by check:
- Place your check in your offering envelope and mail your offering to the church at:
13900 Burntwoods Road
Glenelg, MD 21737
- Or drop off your offering envelope directly in the mailbox near the church entrance.
The temporary notification states on GUMC’s homepage “The doors are temporarily closed but never our hearts and minds!” As Pastor Alice and others have recommended, we should reach out to friends and family and offer encouragement and aid, especially for those who live alone and/or are at higher risk. There are online prayer, bible study, and worship opportunities indicated on the church’s website http://glenelgumc.org/. We pray for health for you all and look forward to seeing you soon.
Peace and Blessings,
Don Cornwell Bruce Benner, Jr.
Treasurer Financial Secretary